We're neighbours, community leaders, and global citizens uniting for the common good.
WHAT IS ROTARY?
Rotary is an organization of business and professional persons united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Who Are We?
- We are a group of peoplewho step forward to take on important and necessary issues for local communities worldwide.
- Our members hail from a range of professional backgrounds; doctors, nurses, professors, bankers, financial experts, artists, small business owners and executives
- We believe in teamwork
"The difference between success and failure is great teamwork"
Where Do We Operate?
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it"
What Do We Bring?
- We bring unique perspectives that helps leverage our individual expertise to improve lives everywhere.
- We volunteer our expertise, time, energy and passion to sustainable, long-term projects in local communities across the globe.
- Our projects focus on important issues like disease prevention and treatment, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, basic education and literacy, economic and community development and peace and conflict resolution.
- We raise funds in several unique ways to carry out our world-wide humanitarian activities
- We have FUN
"Coming together is a beginning Staying together is progress Working together is success"
What Makes Us Different?
- Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages
- We see differently: our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
- We think differently: we apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
- We act responsibly: our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
- We make a difference at home and around the world: our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
Malcolm Forbes – Publisher: Forbes Magazine (1919 –1990)
"Diversity: the art of thinking independently together"
How Do We Work?
Our impact starts with our members—people who work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities' toughest challenges. Their efforts are supported by Rotary International, our member association, and The Rotary Foundation, which turns generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Rotary is led by our members—responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organization's mission and values in their elected roles.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 – 1948)
"The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others"
How Did We Get Here?
We've been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since forming in 1905, we've taken on some of the world's toughest challenges and helped a wide range of international and service organizations—from the UN to Easter Seals—get started.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning"
How Do We Use Our Funds?
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently”
Come to a meeting!
Join us on Tuesday for our lunch time meeting.
Your first meeting is on us!
Noon to 1:30 PM
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
1175 Beach Drive