Many of our members take on projects that improve our neighbourhood.
OUR COMMUNITY SERVICE
Each year since its inception in 1974, our Rotary Club has actively contributed by executing projects within the community of Greater Victoria in general and Oak Bay in particular. Our Club’s very first project was at Uplands Park when, on March 11, 1975, we donated four picnic tables. Since then we have contributed to many other projects, some of which are noted below. Our total contribution over the past five years towards Community and Youth-related Projects was over $112,000.
In Rotary year 2016-2017 we intend to support the following activities within our community:
Picnic tables for the physically challenged
- Community - Salish Sea Kiosk Boards Literacy
Supporting local schools according to their needs
Bike racks recreation - expansion of the Water Park (Pending further discussions)
- First Nations
First Nations education project (Pending further discussions)
That's not all we've done. Since 1974, we've done a lot here in Victoria and in the world. Some of the other projects we've participated in are:
- Community Assistance - Leadership Victoria
- Community Assistance - Oak Bay Heritage Foundation
- Defibrillators - District of Oak Bay
- Housing Assistance - Habitat for Humanity
- Literacy - Dictionaries, SMART boards and musical instruments for Elementary Schools -George Jay, MacAulay and Quadra
- Literacy - Victoria Read Society
- Recreation - Oak Bay High Teen Centre Renovations, Skateboard and Basketball Project - District of Oak Bay
- Recreation - Windsor Park Pavilion
- Recreation - Carnarvon Water Park
- Seniors Assistance - Eldercare Foundation
- Volunteering - Oak Bay Volunteer Society
- Volunteering - Oak Bay Police and Cops for Cancer
- Volunteering - Victim Services
- Youth Services - Teen Centre
Come to a meeting!
Join us on Tuesday for our lunch time meeting.
Your first meeting is on us!
Noon to 1:30 PM
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
1175 Beach Drive
"I joined Rotary because I was bored after retirement and needed something interesting to do. It is the first club of any kind that I had ever joined and only after becoming a member did I experience the feeling that comes from being part of a group that is dedicated to helping others".