What to expect if you become a Rotarian
- Make a Positive Difference in your Local Community
- Become part of a Global Community that is Changing the World for the better
- Make new and lasting Friendships
- Have Fun through service projects and social activities
- Expand your business and social Network
- Develop Relationships with community and government leaders
- Hear and meet Business and Community Leaders who are Guest Speakers each week
- Improve your Leadership and Public Speaking skills
- Have the opportunity to Mentor Youth and be mentored by elders in your vocation
- Show your Children and Grandchildren the importance of community service
- Be Welcomed by Rotarians Anywhere You Travel
Most Rotary Clubs meet weekly. In order to get the most out of your membership, a minimum of four hours each month of Rotary activity is recommended - such as:
- Attend weekly meetings
- Participate on a Club Committee (Community Fundraising, International, Public Image, Youth, Club Foundation and Membership)
- Participate in a project or fundraiser
- Attend an Interact Meeting at Oak Bay Secondary
- Attend a monthly club board meeting
- Attend Club in the Pub at the Penny Farthing Pub - last Thursday of each month
- Visit one of the other nine Rotary Clubs in Greater Victoria
- Do a meeting make-up online (E-clubs)
Rotary Club of Oak Bay
We meet every Tuesday from 12:15 - 1:30, at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel (David Foster Theatre) located at 1175 Beach DriveVictoria, B.C. V8S 2N2.
People of Action
Our club offers opportunities for our members — and those interested in making a difference — to get involved. Through meetings, social events, and volunteer projects, our members learn about the issues facing our community and communities all over the world, partnering with local, national, and global experts to exchange ideas about potential solutions and to draw up action plans to respond. Along with these opportunities to serve, members also are able to regularly network, resulting in lifelong friendships and business connections.
Our club is a proud part of this community and of Rotary International. Rotary is a global network of more than 1.2 million members who believe that great things happen when dedicated minds come together. We are community and business leaders representing different professions, experiences, and perspectives but with a shared desire to connect with others to address the challenges affecting our community and communities around the world.
BENEFITS OF JOINING ROTARY
Ability to make a difference, get involved, learn about issues facing local and international communities, build career skills, network, make new friendships HAVE FUN!!
Making a Difference
Solving real problems takes real effort, commitment, and vision. Rotarians work to protect communities from preventable disease, keep women and children healthy, improve education and economic outcomes, create safe water and sanitation infrastructure, and make our community and the world a more peaceful place.
LOCAL PROJECTS: 1000x5Literacy, Carnarvon Rotary Waterpark, Food Rescue Project, Teen Area of Neighbourhood Learning Centre at Oak Bay Secondary, Oak Bay YES Awards, Leadership Victoria, Post Secondary Scholarships, Disaster Aid Canada, Habitat for Humanity, Eldercare Foundation, Victoria Native Friendship Centre. ALSO hands on projects such as Salvation Army Kettle Drive and Carnarvon Park annual clean up.
INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS: Polio Eradication, Malawi Girls School, India-Water and Sanitation, Rwanda - work with grandmothers, Guatemala - Dental and Nutrition, East Timor - send medical supplies.
Becoming a member enables you to meet your community’s leaders and to make an impact both here and around the world. We invite you to visit our club and find out more about us and the opportunities we offer to get involved.
ROTARY MOTTO - Service Above Self
There are 10 Rotary Clubs in Greater Victoria meeting on different days and times - each club has their own unique style. If our club does not meet your needs consider visiting one of the other clubs - for more information visit www.rotaryvictoria.org.
Oak Bay Rotary Club has approximately 50 members who meet every Tuesday 12:15 to 1:30 pm at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel (David Foster Theatre) Lunch cost $23 - your first is complimentary. Club annual dues are $225.
Most meetings include a program delivered by an invited speaker on a variety of topics.
See our full brochure below, or click to download as a PDF.